Friday, March 28, 2008

Made it to Miami...

... and it was a hell of a ride. We rented a Penske truck, loaded our crap in it, stuck our mini-van on the trailer and hit the road. Typically we could make the drive from Harker Heights, TX to Ft. Lauderdale, FL in 2 days, 3 if we feel lazy. This trip took us nearly 4.5 days. Spent way more than we thought we would in hotels, diesel, food. So now here we sit in a hotel spending way to much everyday. I'm working though so this weekend we'll find a long-term efficiency or vacation rental then hopefully in a month or two save enough to get into a house.

I can't even describe how sore I am after that drive. I'm thankful for kettlebell and body weight training to help me work the kinks out. Not easy to do in a hotel room I assure you. Particularly with the wife, my 5 year old, 3 cats, 2 gerbils and 2 fish all packed in...fun stuff :-)

Anyhow...I'll keep posting as events happen. I hope to be back into training full time soon enough.

Cheers!
-Tenguka

No comments: