Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wall Climbing and a busy week...

...it's been over a week since my last post and it's been a busy one.

The company I work for did a new release of our website so I've been coding like a madman. It's what I do. I'm a web developer...I call myself an integrator because I specialize in taking a graphic designers graphics and integrating it with PHP or Cold Fusion.

Anyhow...I went climbing today at our local Harker Heights climbing gym. Just got a membership over the weekend. You know? Haven't climbed for about 10 years, since I lived in Flagstaff, AZ where I would boulder, rappel, and climb all over Elden mountain. I tell you what, if your into getting in shape naturally, it no machines, weights, gizmos...go rock/wall climbing or boulder. Why? Because it's like swimming...but on dry land, actually vertically. Going vertical is outstanding ;-)

Another way to get do a body weight workout is to pickup a copy of Pavels Naked Warrior for a full course on how to get in shape with just your body weight. Pavel will have you doing thing you never thought you could do. Of course you may be cursing him too..but he's Russian so he can take it :-)

So..things are slowing down. I'm getting back to work on warriorzone.com and hope to have it fully launched by the end of the month. I'll keep you warriors posted.

Cheers!
-Tenguka

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did you think of the gym? I use to climb there. have they changed the flooring to padding from the black rubber?

cheers

Tenguka aka Collin said...

We really enjoy the gym. Great people. Cool environment. They still have that nasty black rubber though. I haven't been to many climbing gyms. Is that black rubber the norm? Thanks for the comment.